The Beginner Programmer's Experience

 So I had a really great idea for an online service and did some searches to see what other websites are similar to my idea and was stunned that none are out there! This has only bolstered my ambition to make what I envisioned a reality as it is going to make for a cheaper and more affordable alternative for my intended audience and I feel confident that it will be a money maker even as an incomplete website. How ever, I do not have programming skills. My experience has been repairs, upgrades, networks, tweaks to operating systems to speed them up, configuring webservers, html 4 and css, some Joomla!, Prestashop, and Wordpress, etc. but nothing in the programming arena or even javascript or php. So I started this blog and named it "Online Project Updates" so I can write posts on my progress developing my idea into a functional site that has (hopefully) happy members, and to keep track of notes, maybe bits of code, links to useful software and websites that prove helpful during my journey.
 At this time I am studying and practicing language C from computerscienceforeveryone.com as the instructor Carl Herold does a great job explaining a complex subject (for me it is!). I had found quite a few free course sites out there that have many recommendations and I will be going through there courses as well, after I complete Carl's tutorials completely and I feel confident that I grasped all that was to be learned from it.
 Khan Academy, Code HS, Coursera, The New Boston (YouTube channel and/or website), Code Academy, Speaking Code, and then I should at that point be able to write code without referring to my notes, which are already 12 pages. And I am saving my code at CodePad.org and you may see them at codepad.org/users/dobestpossible CodePad allows you to write and run code from your browser, and Code::Blocks is a free compiler that you can use to build and run code in Windows. Recommended by Carl in the video lessons so I definitely tried both out, and they work great. Though I installed some other software MinGW, Windows SDK, etc. in order to get MagicDisc driver to install on my computer (I wrote a post how to install using the files I modified) and now the Code::Blocks program takes a bit longer to compile and run then before and creates executable files of the code, lol. No big deal, CodePad is better because of the cloud storage and sharing capabilities. Unfortunately, I can't give them names or group them into categories.
 I'm on Course 1, Unit 13, Lesson 3 and ready to continue so enough typing here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fix for MagicDisc driver mcdbus.inf not signed

Fix Woozone Import Synchronization test fails at Step 1